Nokia has launched a new smartphone known as the Nokia Asha 501. The Nokia Asha 501 is a touch screen smart phone designed with the young in mind powered with
content sharing, social networks, and strong connectivity integrated into a
responsive operating system.
The Asha 501 is
available in different colors cyan, yellow, red, green, white and black.
The colorful design continues with the light red headphones that are included in
every set of Asha 501 smartphone.The
smart phone is powered by the latest Nokia S40 series OS which gives room for future development of mobile apps for the Asha platform based
devices and makes the Nokia Asha 501 fast, responsive and easy to use.
The Asha 501 uses cloud based compression technology to reduce data consumption by 90 per cent, making the internet experience faster and cheaper for people to get
online easy and quick.
It is also comes pre-installed with Facebook, Twitter, Big Little
City,instant messaging,Weather Channel,and Real Football 2013.You also have the offer of 40 EA Games free form the Nokia Store.
Furthermore, it is has Single SIM functionality with option of dual SIM version with Nokia’s unique Easy-Swap SIM technology, which
allows users to switch their SIM without powering off their
FULL PHONE FEATURES OF Nokia Asha 501 mobile phone
- 3.0 inch Capacitive Touch Screen
- 3.15 MP camera
- 128 MB internal
- 64 MB RAM
- Up to 2 fingers multitouch
- External memory card slot with support up to 32GB microSD cards
- WIFI, Bluetooth 3.0, USB
- Nokia Asha Platform 1.0 OS
- Dimensions: 99.2 x 58 x 12.1 mm (H x W x T)
- Java MIDP 2.1
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 240 X 320 Pixels
- Proximity sensor, Accelerometer sensor
- 4 GB MMC included expandable up to 32GB
- Battery capacity Li-Ion 1200 mAh (BL-4U)
- Standby time: Dual SIM standby time: up to 26 days, Single SIM (48 days)
- Talk time: Up to 17 hours (all variants)
The current price range in Nigeria is N15,000 – 16,000N depending on the dealer.