Toady, we will show you how to browse the web using MTN BIS.
NB:- Updated version as at 01-03-2015.
For some time, MTN BIS has been confirmed to work on various mobile devices including PC. Which you can enjoy using a special software known as Simple Server and Open VPN.
The MTN BIS runs flawlessly with Simple Server on PC and Android, as long you subscribe to a blackberry plan, i prefer the MTN Daily BIS as it is unlimited with Simple Server.
Steps to setup Simple Server working on PC?
- Download the simple server app here
- Extract the downloaded file to your PC, click on the ‘Simpler Servers.exe and run the application.
- Recharge your MTN sim with N100 and send BBCDAY to 21600, when activated slot the SIM into your modem
- Connect it to your PC and wait for the welcome Mtn Bis message,
- Head over to setting on your Modem and configure your modem
Password and username:- web.
NB:- Configure your browser and IDM to 127.0.0.1 port 8080
Open your browser and start surfing and downloading.
Steps to get it Working on Android
- Download Android simple server app here
- Install it on your smartphone
- Setup new APN settings on your phone as follows
- Proxy: 127.0.0.1
- Port: 8080
- APN: Web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Save And Activate it as your default settings.
Head over simple server and configure the settings
- Proxy host: 10.199.212.2
- Proxy Port: 8080
- Injection Method: get
- Injection querry/url: http://web.blackberry.com
- Injection Host: web.blackberry.com
- Injection line: press your enter key 4 times
- Log leve: debug
- Close the settings and click the connect button.
From your modem, create new
- APN : web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
- Password web
- Username: web
Connect and start surfing till mama calls.