Addition of Multiple Google Accounts
We all know that to use an android phone you need a Google account but most of you did you know you can choose to run more than one Google account on your Android phones. This is convenient if you use more than one account for several of your Google services or businesses.
- Go to Settings > Add account.
- Select Google and setup your New or Existing Google account.
- Once added, choose what you want to sync with the account.
Repeat all the steps above if you want to add more accounts.
Disable automatic App Updates
Prefer to read through app permissions and manually pick which app updates to adopt? You can, but first you need to disable your automatic app updates. Here are the steps:
- Open Play Store and head over to Settings.
- Tap on Auto-update apps.
- Choose Do not auto-update apps.
If you want to enable the auto updates, follow the same path and choose Auto-update apps at any time or via Wi-Fi (available for certain Android devices only).
To update your apps manually, from your Play Store app on your device, and on the main page swipe in from the left and tap on My apps. You can tap on apps with pending updates and update them manually, or if you like to update them all at once, just tap on Update All.
For Android users that are using stock ROM, you may want to look for new updates to your system. To check for updates:
- Go to Settings > About phone/tablet.
- Tap on System updates.
- Tap Check now to look for system updates.
Changing Default Apps
If you have already set some default apps for particular tasks (e.g. using Chrome for opening web links) but wish to change this:
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Swipe right and look for the All tab.
- Select the app you want to remove as default.
- Tap on Clear defaults.