Last week, i tried to remove one my SD card from the Smartphone, only on returning it back to the phone which a message like this “memory card corrupted”. Or have you been in a situation where you bought a 32GB SD card, only for you to discover that it can only take 8GB files and data.
But today i be showing you briefly, methods on how to detect a fake memory card so that you won’t be a victim of fake cards next time. Relax, the steps carefully.
How Can I Detect a Fake SD Card?
First and fore most, the packaging on many memory cards make it very difficult to distinguish a fake SD card from the real one. But with a tool known as SD insight, you can easily get that done. SD Insight is a free, fast and easy-to-use mobile application to view SD card manufacturing details, original size and lot more.
- All you need to do is insert the memory SD card and in seconds your SD card information is displayed in a simple format.
How Does SD Insight Work?
- You need to download SD Insight from Google Play store
- Next is to insert the SD card into your Android cell phone. (Note: You may need to turn off your cell phone to do this).
- Launch the SD Insight application, by clicking on it. In few seconds your memory SD card information is displayed in an easy to understand format on the cell phone’s screen.
- You can see information such as manufacturer name, date of manufacture, and the product name and serial number. Click the Menu button to see more detailed information about your memory card.
- If you have more than one memory card in your device, you will also be able to see details for each of the memory cards.
- You can also view validation of the SD Card against its class rating for the minimum data transfer rate (e.g. Classes 2, 4, 6 and 10)
Next time, don’t fall victim of fake SD card. Those of you who has fake SD Card, lets here your opinion on