For those that haven’t gotten the OTA update, there is a fix.
Steps to Upgrade to Android Marshmallow 6.0
- First of all, you will need to download the android OS 6.1 Here, it is 624.9mb in size.
- After the download, rename the file to update.zip and place it on the root folder on your device.
- Then power off your phone
- Hold down the power button and volume up button at the same time (hold this for a few seconds or when the Infinix logo appears).
- After that, press the volume up button, you will immediately see a dead Android robot, press volume down to get into recovery mode
- You are almost done, just scroll down using volume button to apply update from the SD card,
- Then select the zip file using your volume button and click on it using the power button
- That is all, reboot and enjoy