Now that you have the amazing Android Marshmallow v6.0 is on your infinix hot 2 aka Android one. But for those who didn’t know, the roll out for Marshmallow began over the weekend, for Android Marshmallow on the Infinix Hot 2, All you have to do is go to System update and check for updates. (Ensure you did not tick update via Wifi if you are not using Wifi to update)
For those that haven’t gotten the OTA update, there is a fix.
Steps to Upgrade to Android Marshmallow 6.0
- First of all, you will need to download the android OS 6.1 Here, it is 624.9mb in size.
- After the download, rename the file to update.zip and place it on the root folder on your device.
- Then power off your phone
- Hold down the power button and volume up button at the same time (hold this for a few seconds or when the Infinix logo appears).
- After that, press the volume up button, you will immediately see a dead Android robot, press volume down to get into recovery mode
- You are almost done, just scroll down using volume button to apply update from the SD card,
- Then select the zip file using your volume button and click on it using the power button
- That is all, reboot and enjoy