Most of us have experienced automatic OTA update on your smart phones and probably you don’t like it especially when it comes to the small data allocated to us by our network providers, and these happens a lot for those of you using devices that supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
This evening i be showing you a simple guide on how to disable automatic OTA updates on your Android devices. Moreover, the Infinix hot 2 has actually given a lot of individual headache, heartache and lots lots of stress but don’t worry, I’ll make this guide simple and easy for none techy dudes.
- Make sure you device is rooted… You can see guide here on how to root your device in less than 5min
- Download disable services from google play
- Once you’ve ensure you have the above in place, then you can go ahead with the steps below
FOLLOW THE STEPS BELOW
1. Launch the application you downloaded “disable services”
2. Click on system tab
3. Scroll down to Google play services and click on it. You’ll see lists of google play services
5. Grant disable service Super User priviledge by tapping grant.
6. “SystemUpdateService” should now be unticked and in red, meaning it is disabled
You can then return back to your home screen and never expect any further OTA updates on your Mediatek Android devices. But note that if by any means you want to update to the latest OS, you’ll need to unroot your device, then download the OTA and install.
Are you totally confuse? Ask your questions.
Image credit: Team Hovatek