This NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship scheme was launched in October 2012 and is being managed by the British Council. The scheme has produced 10 & 13 beneficiaries respectively from 2013 and 2014 have completed their studies in the United Kingdom set for their return to Nigeria anytime soon.
NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship is valued at $60,000 to $69,000, depending on course of choice, in top academic institutions in the UK. Courses covered by this scheme include Engineering, Management, Environmental Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Information Technology, Geology, Banking, Law and Medicine.
The first and second sets of beneficiaries have completed their studies and returned to Nigeria. The 2015 set of 15 beneficiaries has commenced their programs in various UK universities.
Criteria For NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship include:
- Have a provisional admission from select UK institutions to study any of the following disciplines:
- Possess a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study
- Have completed the NYSC programme
- Be not more than 30 years of age
- Be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Provide identification documents from their LGAs
- Possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2016
- Provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2016 if selected
- Not be a spouse, child nor ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited