The end of the road for Blackberry is now insight,
New to Uber? Sign up and get N2500 off your first ride
To take advantage of this offer, simply sign up at https://get.uber.com/go/UBERCASHLAG using the promotional code: UBERCASHLAG and the promo code automatically applies to your trip.
This is an experiment and the third city in Africa, after Nairobi and Cairo, to experience cash. We are in a test phase so riders are encouraged to provide their the insights and feedback by emailing email@example.com or through Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #UberCashLagos
As it is a test phase, not everyone will see the cash option right away. It will roll out gradually over the next few weeks.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Open the app and select “SET PICKUP LOCATION”
2. Look towards the bottom of the screen where your card details are displayed and tap on the card
3. In the menu that pops up, select “CASH”. You can always select your preferred method of payment whenever requesting a new trip
4. Request your pickup
UBER PRO TIPS
● Cash option is only available for trips in Lagos
● A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in crash
● No bank card details are required when signing up for Uber and paying in cash
● Not everyone will see the cash option right away as this is a phased roll out
● Riders may pay their driver with other payment methods, if the driver has functionality for this
● Your fare will be rounded to the next N100
● Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
● There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
● Cash payments may also be digitised and some drivers may have mobile wallets to accept fare payments